Sunday, April 22, 2012

And We're Off; Project #3







In the most simple way possible; “design and build a vessel that holds something of special meaning to you” was the prompt for this project. I was assigned to construct a wooden box complete with a functioning lid from any wood of choice. The boxes initial cuts must be made using a bandsaw and its size cannot exceed 5inx8in with no restrictions on height. I was very excited for this project and encouraged by the prompt to be creative yet within the realm of good craftsmanship. I knew I wanted to focus on a vessel that would be constructed properly, with minimal flaws, as well as radiate
personal flair. I began first with a concept map and  rough idea sketches.

These are sketches of some preliminary ideas for my vessel. The top image is my final idea sketch and the box that I chose for this project. It shows some of the dimensions and how I would go about making cuts into the solid block of glues wood pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright (c) 2009 design. All rights reserved. Design by NodeThirtyThree + Free CSS Templates. Bloggerized by Free Blogger Template.