Sunday, April 22, 2012

In The Name Of Wood; Purpose Statment

Initally, I wanted to construct a practical box. To quote the great modernist architect Louis Sullivan, “Form Follows Function.” I envisioned a box for a key shaped like a door knob or a key hole. After some unsuccessful sketches I
scratched the generic idea of a vessel to hold my spare car key. Thinking more sentimental, I then had the though to create a box in the shape of the Buddhist om after the shape of an old ring that I cherish. Once again I sketched over the idea and realized a jewelry box as also too generic. On the brink of exploding frustration my thought process did a 180. I can always use containers in my kitchen. The wooden box may not be able to hold food, but it would be perfect for prepackaged items such as tea, candy, coffee, granola bars, or even pop-tarts.

Tea for Thought 

I will construct a vessel that will accommodate the size and shape of a box, or loose tea packets. This container will allow me to contain my tea supplies in an easily accessible location and will also serve as a decorative ornament for my kitchen counter top.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright (c) 2009 design. All rights reserved. Design by NodeThirtyThree + Free CSS Templates. Bloggerized by Free Blogger Template.