Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Music as Art


I appreciate all forms of art, but musician's blow my mind to say the least. Anyone can be conditioned to draw and paint and apply technique to a canvas of piece of paper, but being able to piece together rhythms and beats fascinates me. I believe it is the purest form of creativity. Jazz especially. Unfortunately I don't know how to play an instrument but that does not mean I don't appreciate musicianship and what sounds good. Jazz- sounds- good.
During our first Hallmark Symposium Scott Stowell played a Jazz sampler video he made, the video features a song called Haitian FIght Song by Charles Mingus (a Jazz artist form the 1950's and 60's). Here is a version done by the NY Ska Jazz Ensamble.Neat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright (c) 2009 design. All rights reserved. Design by NodeThirtyThree + Free CSS Templates. Bloggerized by Free Blogger Template.